These photos are of an abandoned hanger at the former Win Field, just east of Fort Stockton, Texas. Win Field, named for resident H.L. Winfield, served as an auxiliary field for the U.S. Army Air Force station at nearby Gibbs Field (now Fort Stockton-Pecos County Airport).
Pilot training at the airfield was conducted in army PT-17 biplanes. Eighteen pilot classes graduated before training ceased in 1944, when Gibbs Field was taken over by the Defense Plant Corporation for storage and repair of government aircraft being prepared for sale. The following year the property was turned over to Pecos County for use as a county airport [Texas State Historical Association]