Built in 1928, this structure comprises a main building, occupying the center of a block, and sheds. The two-story main building, finished in three-tone buff stucco with terra-cotta colored trim, was designed by Gaylord B. Noftager in the modified Spanish style. It has an auditorium on the second floor, used for athletic events, and shops on the ground floor. Surrounding the block on three sides are steel and concrete sheds, where Oklahoma County truck gardeners had their market stalls and dealers handled vegetables shipped in from the Rio Grande Valley.
More information is available at http://www.okcfarmersmarket.com/html/about.html, including a rendering of possible future renovations.