This travel route explores a southwestern section of County Sligo, from Aclare, through Tobercurry, to Bunnanaddan.
Subscribe to our Auto Trails channel for more videos from the U.S. and Ireland.
For more of our Auto Trails and Slow Travels guides, available in print or eBook format, use one of the links below:
Camera: Sony Active Camera FDR-X3000
Vehicle: Avis Rental 2020 Open Corsa
Yonder Hill and Dale/Aaron Kenny
Creeping Spiders/Nat Keefe & Beatmower
In the Distance/Dan Lebowitz
A Trip Around the Moon/Unicorn Heads
Night Drive/Quincas Moreira
Interstellar Mood/Nico Staf
Watercolor Lilies/Aaron Kenny
Pink Horizon/Chris Haugen
How About Nah/rolijui
Plenty Step/Freedom Trail Studio
Snowy Peaks pt I/Chris Haugen
Snowy Peaks pt II/Chris Haugen
Twilight Train/Dan Lebowitz
Ballymote Railway Station (Archiseek – https://www.archiseek.com/2011/1862-railway-station-ballymote-co-sligo/)
Ballymote Railway Bridge (National Inventory of Architectural Heritage – https://www.buildingsofireland.ie/buildings-search/building/32314003/ballymote-railway-station-carrownanty-ballymote-sligo)
Midland Great Western Railway (The Wild Geese – https://thewildgeese.irish/profiles/blogs/ireland-s-midland-great-western-railway)
Moylough Belt Shrine (The Journal of the Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland – https://www.jstor.org/stable/25509587?seq=1#metadata_info_tab_contents)
- Egan, Ursula and Byrne, Elizabeth and Sleeman, Mary; ‘Archaeological Inventory of County Sligo’; Dublin Stationery Office, 2005.
- “Ballymote Railway Station, CARROWNANTY, Ballymote, SLIGO”; National Inventory of Architectural Heritage; https://www.buildingsofireland.ie/buildings-search/building/32314002/ballymote-railway-station-carrownanty-ballymote-sligo
- “Ballymote Railway Station, CARROWNANTY, Ballymote, SLIGO”; National Inventory of Architectural Heritage; https://www.buildingsofireland.ie/buildings-search/building/32314003/ballymote-railway-station-carrownanty-ballymote-sligo
- “1862—Railway Station, Ballymote, Co. Sligo”; Archiseek; https://www.archiseek.com/2011/1862-railway-station-ballymote-co-sligo/
- Gillespie, Tom; “History of the old Midland Great Western Railway—Part 1”; Connaught Telegraph; https://www.con-telegraph.ie/2020/08/28/history-of-the-old-midland-great-western-railway-part-1/
- Lord Killanin and Duignan, Michael; Shell Guide to Ireland; Ebury Press, London, 1962.
- “Saint Nathy’s Church, BALLYNARAW SOUTH, Bunnanaddan, SLIGO”; National Inventory of Architectural Heritage; https://www.buildingsofireland.ie/buildings-search/building/32317001/saint-nathys-church-ballynaraw-south-bunnanaddan-sligo