Site of French’s Mill at French’s Hollow-Guilderland, New York
Jacob Aker kept one of the early inns at the site of French’s Mills in 1800. At that point, Peter French built a factory at the beginning of the century and cloth works were established in 1795 by Peter K. Broeck. Evidence of French’s Mill can be found in small segments of wall at the southern end of the current bridge.
A covered bridge later spanned the Normanskill at this location, built in 1869 and demolished in 1933.