Located near Courtland, Alabama, Pond Spring was home to Joseph Wheeler, former Major General of Cavalry of the Confederate western army, The Army of Tennessee.
The Pond Spring and Wheeler Home properties were received by the Alabama Historical Commission in 1994. In December 1999, there emerged a concerted effort regarding raising the necessary funds to stabilize the most at-risk structures, as well as to promote preservation of the main Home and the collection within.
Tax Deductible Donations
The Friends of the General Joe Wheeler Foundation is a non-profit 501C3. All donations to the Foundation are greatly appreciated and a receipt of donation will be sent to you.
- Senior: Age 60 or more $10.00
- Student: $10.00
- Individual: $15.00
- Family: 2 or more $25.00
- Patron: $50.00
- Benefactor: $100.00 or more
- Corporate/Institutional: $250.00 or more
Please send any membership donations or other contributions to:
c/o Marilyn Clark P.O. Box 125 Courtland, AL 35618
Checks should be written to the Friends of the Gen. Joe Wheeler Home Foundation
Why Become A Friend?
Being part of a great cause will enrich all of our lives while saving an historical treasure. Together, we can make the dream of a historical museum a reality.
Once you become a member of the Friends of the General Joe Wheeler Foundation we will include you on our regular mailing and email lists for all of our meetings and activities. You are welcome to attend anytime and bring a friend! All of our meetings are open to the public. Membership helps support the foundation’s goals for restoration of the Wheeler homes.
We have a long way to go, but each dollar will make a difference!
Any contribution is greatly welcomed!
Join Us on this important journey for Alabama’s history and the United States!
Thank You for Your Support!!
- Raise the funds to restore the two main homes before any new construction
- Preserve and restore the Wheeler collection
- Re-open the two main homes for tours
- Develop a financially self-sustaining site
- Promote tourism and history within Alabama
- Create volunteerism opportunities
- Connect the state with local support
- Maintain the outside buildings and grounds
- Generate educational learning experiences
- Preserve the Wheeler history and legacy
Visit Pond Spring:
Wednesday-Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, 1 p.m. to 5